8 days – ‘O SOLE MIO – ITALY
‘O SOLE MIO - ITALY
Regular departure - Language available: Spanish / English - Small Groups
DEPARTURE ON WEDNESDAY: ROME - ROME
RRome - Assisi - Siena - Florence – Venice – Chianti Valley – Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel – St. Peter’s Basilica - Naples - Pompeii
Minimum 2 pax
- A tour for those who want to know Italy from North to South.
- Visit of Assisi, cradle of San Francisco and Siena with its beautiful Piazza del Campo.
- Guided tour of Florence, cradle of the Italian Renaissance.
- Guided tour of Venice and the possibility of taking a Gondola ride through its canals.
- Visit of the Chianti area renowned for its winemaking tradition with tasting of wines and local products.
- Guided tour of the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel, famous for its architecture and its frescoes.
- Full day in the South to discover Naples and Pompeii.
Day 01.- Wednesday: - Rome
Arrival at Rome international airport. Assistance at the airport and transfer to the hotel in Rome. Overnight stay.
Day 02.- Thursday: Visit of Assisi and Siena – arrival in Florence
(Breakfast + Overnight)
Breakfast at the hotel and departure to the city of Assisi, city of Etruscan origin and homeland of Saint Francis, where we will visit the important Basilica of S. Francis, the Cathedral, the Town Hall Square and the Monastery of Saint Clare. Then we will visit Siena, an Italian jewel and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Siena is famous for its medieval urban landscape and “Il Palio di Siena”, the traditional medieval horse race that takes place twice a year in Piazza del Campo, the heart of the city, one of the most notable squares in Italy. Arrival at the hotel and overnight stay.
Day 03.- Friday: Guided tour of Florence and departure to the surrounding area of Venice
(Breakfast + Overnight)
Breakfast and departure to the city centre of Florence for a guided tour of its most representative monuments: the Cathedral of Saint Mary of the Flower, expression and distinctive symbol of the artistic genius of the greatest Tuscan architects; Giotto's Campanile; Florence Baptistery, dedicated to the patron saint of the city and one of the oldest and most beautiful Romanesque buildings in Tuscany (Entrance ticket is not included); Piazza Santa Croce, with its wonderful Franciscan church which inside has funeral monuments of famous Italian characters; Piazza della Signoria, the heart of the history of the Florentine Republic which still preserves the character of the political centre of the city. In this square is the “Palazzo Vecchio”, in the past seat of the ancient power of the Grand Duchy. In front of the palace, there is the famous "David di Michelangelo" symbol of the virtues of Florence.
Then, we will visit the Ponte Vecchio, famous for its incredible jewellery shops and for its wonderful view of the river Arno; the Loggia del Porcellino, built to house a typical street market and still active today. It is called “del porcellino” due to the presence of a sculpture that represents a bronze “wild boar” that is said to give good luck to touch its nose. We will finish the visit in Piazza della Repubblica, the area where it was the ancient "forum" of the Roman city of Florence. Currently there are some elegant historical cafes of Florence. Free time in Florence and then transfer to the surrounding area of Venice and overnight stay.
Day 04.- Saturday: Guided tour of Venice
(Breakfast + Overnight)
Breakfast at the hotel and departure with the bus to the port for the transfer by boat to St Mark's Square. Venice is a unique city in the world. We will start our visit with an official guide of the historic centre (all external visits). The meeting point with the guide is the column of the Winged Lion in Piazza San Marco, the most important square in Venice. We will start the visit admiring the great Doge's Palace, seat of the Government of the old Venetian Republic, as well as the Palace of Justice and official residence of the Doge. It is the maximum expression of Gothic-Venetian architecture. We will arrive at the Bridge of Sighs, one of the most famous bridges in the world, and then time to enjoy St. Mark’s Square, the square par excellence where we can admire the splendid St. Mark’s Basilica, since 1807 Venice Cathedral in which inside are the remains of the city's Patron Saint. We will gape at the Bell Tower, the tallest building in the city, and we will pass in front of the famous Florián Café, open since 1720 and considered the oldest in the world. We will continue our visit to the Rialto Bridge, the oldest in the city with a beautiful view of the Canal grande, and we will finish our visit in St Mark's Square. Free time. If you wish, take part in a gondola ride (not included) through the typical Venetian canals. Return by private boat at 18.00 pm and departure with the bus to the hotel and overnight stay.
Day 05.- Sunday: Chianti Valley with visit to a wine estate and tasting of wines and local products (Tuscany)
(Breakfast + Tasting + Overnight)
After breakfast departure to the Chianti Valley. This mountainous landscape, mixed together with olive groves, cypresses, vineyards and palaces, never fail to impress. You will experience the harmony of colours with your eyes, that only the hill in this region has to offer. Visit to a country estate with its vineyards and its cellars with the tasting of wines and local products. Arrival at the hotel in Rome and overnight stay.
Day 06.- Monday: Guided tour of the Vatican Museums + St. Peter’s Basilica in the morning
(Breakfast + Overnight)
Breakfast at the hotel and pick up for the guided tour of the Vatican Museums. Following our knowledgeable and passionate guide, the tour begins at the Vatican Museums with its immense collection built up by the Popes throughout the centuries. The itinerary includes the Pio Clementino Hall, the Laocoon and Apollo Belvedere, the Maps Gallery, the Candelabra Gallery, the Tapestries Gallery and the Sistine Chapel to admire the breathtaking frescos by Michelangelo, one of the most celebrated masterpieces in the world. From the Museum you will exit directly into St Peter’s Basilica, the most important Christian Church in the world, heart of the Catholic religion, where you will admire, among others, Michelangelo’s masterpiece La Pietà and the impressive Baldachin Altar by Bernini. Should St. Peter’s Basilica be closed, the tour will instead include the visit of Raphael’s rooms. Tour ends in the suggestive St Peter’s Square, dominated by Michelangelo’s imposing Cupola and surrounded by the famous Bernini’s double Colonnade. Free afternoon. Drop off at hotel is not included. Overnight at the hotel in Rome.
Day 07.- Tuesday: Visit of Naples and Pompeii
(Breakfast + Lunch + Overnight)
We'll leave the Italian capital and cross Rome’s fertile landscape and the area of the castles called Castelli Romani. Montecassino is one of the little towns of the region, where the Battle of Monte Cassino took place during World War II.
Upon arrival in the UNESCO-listed Naples, relax while you enjoy a brief panoramic tour of Italy’s third-largest city, its striking palaces, churches and landmarks. After a stop to take great photos, leave Naples behind and cross the fertile Vesuvius valley until you reach Pompeii.
As soon as you arrive, you will stop to have lunch at a restaurant. The menu consists of a pizza (margarita, neapolitan or a ham pizza), a mixed salad, a dessert and a drink (to choose from between water, a glass of wine, a beer or a soft drink).
In the afternoon, enjoy a 2-hour guided tour of the ancient city. Follow your guide through the ghostly streets of Pompeii, buried under tons of volcanic ash when Mont Vesuvius erupted in A.D. 79, killing 2,000 inhabitants. The town was discovered 1,700 years later and now is a remarkably well-preserved archaeological site, where you’ll get a real sense of how life was in an ancient Roman colony.
At the end of your tour, you’ll hop back on the coach and head back to Rome where you'll be dropped off in the city centre at around 8:30 pm. Overnight stay in Rome.
Day 08.- Wednesday: Transfer to the airport of Rome
Breakfast at the hotel and transfer to the airport of Rome. End of our services.
Tour ROME – ROME (WEDNESDAY) 2021
|July||7 14 21 28|
|August||4 11 18|
|April||7 14 21 28|
|May||5 12 19 26|
|June||2 9 16 23 30|
|September||1 8 15 22 29|
|October||6 13 20 27|
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
- Airport assistance (at the arrival)
- English speaking Guide for 4 days as detailed in the program
- Tasting of wines and typical products at a local country estate
- Visit of a local wine estate
- Skip the line tour of the Vatican Museums and St. Peter's Basilica
- Visit of Naples and Pompeii
- 1 lunch included during the excursion to Naples and Pompeii included. The menu consists of a pizza (margarita, neapolitan or a ham pizza), a mixed salad, a dessert and a drink (to choose from between water, a glass of wine, a beer or a soft drink).
- 4 nights accommodation and buffet breakfast in Rome
- 1 night accommodation and buffet breakfast in Florence
- 2 nights accommodation and buffet breakfast in Venice or nearby Venice at your chosen hotel
- Guided tour of Florence (3h)
- Guided tour of Venice (2h)
- HD guided tour of the Vatican Museums and St. Peter's Basilica (3h)
- FD guided tour of Naples and Pompeii
- Boat-ride from Punta Sabbioni to Venice and back
- Entrance tickets to the Vatican Museums and St. Peter's Basilica (skip the line)
- Skip the line entrance ticket to Pompeii
- Headphones sets for the guided tour of the Basilica of S. Francis, Florence, Venice and Vatican Museums
PRIVATE TRANSFER :
- 1° day: Rome airport – Hotel Rome
- 8° day: Hotel Rome – Rome airport
- 2° day: FD Assis - Siena – arrival at the hotel in Florence
- 3° day: FD Florence - arrival at the hotel nearby Venice
- 4° day: FD Venice
- 5° day: FD Chianti Valley - Rome
- 6° day: Transfer Hotel - Vatican area
- 7° day: FD Naples – Pompeii with hotel pick up when centrally located (pick up and drop off)
THE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Entrance tickets to museums or monuments not indicated in the program;
- Single room supplement;
- Personal expenses;
- Lunches (where not indicated);
- Travel insurance;
- City tax – to be paid directly at the hotel;
- National or international flights NOT INCLUDED;
- Everything not indicated in “the price includes”.
We are sorry, this tour is not available to book at the moment
Contact us in ITALY +39 0733 979971 – WhatsApp.+39 3478193703
WE OFFER YOU THE BEST TOUR AT A FAIR PRICE
ASK FOR OUR RATES: firstname.lastname@example.org